Solar Monkey is expanding! Our advanced software solutions help installers to remotely design and monitor solar panel systems with unprecedented efficiency. In a few years time we’ve grown to become a profitable market leader in the Netherlands. Now we are on the brink of internationalisation. With the many challenges we face, we are looking for an entrepreneurial go-getter to realize our ambitions.
We have recently launched our product in Belgium where we are serving the first clients. We have another a number of countries on the shortlist for further expansion within Europe plus India and Australia. We’ve gained a basic understanding of the size, culture and dynamics of those markets but need to gain more experience to determine our role and opportunity. And more importantly, how we are going to capitalize on these opportunities.
As our international business development manager, you are the leader at the forefront of our international development. We like to work following a pragmatic approach to look for initial revenue and learn along the way. Client feedback weighed up with market traction and opportunity will be used to determine further development strategy.
It’s up to you to find the most effective sales channels. Can we sell remotely using online channels, do we use local agents? Or will we be looking for partnerships with impactful hardware wholesalers? You will be setting up and managing international sales teams, taking into account specific cultural needs of different markets. You will be negotiating high value deals with international players. And in the end you will be a key player to our international success.
Who are we looking for?
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You llike to be thrown in the deep, are creative and have an exceptional determination to get things done. It’s the results that matter.
- Experienced in forming complex partnerships.
- You have the ability to thoroughly understand clients’ needs and negotiate deals in a ‘consultative selling’ style. Clients should be excited about working with you and trust you to deliver good value for them.
- A charismatic networker that knows how to get a foot in the door. And people love you for it.
- You know how to process an abundance of information and translate this into sensible business opportunities. Therefore you have a good understanding of the drivers in a business plan.
- You are aware of cultural differences between countries and have the ability to adapt your style whenever required.
- You are not daunted by the unlimited number of options and the high degree of uncertainty. You are able to chunk the elephant and choose a pragmatic approach. Whether your strategy was right will only be known with hindsight.
What you can expect from us:
- The opportunity to join a successful team with an outstanding software product, with a worldwide ambition to accelerate the solar energy market.
- A playground with many challenges in exploiting new markets, backed from a profitable and well funded business.
- A salary that fits the job description.
- Benefit from company growth by stock appreciation rights (equivalent to company shares).
- A very autonomous and challenging role.